What more original way could there be to explore the Deûle and Lys rivers than aboard a boat ? Glide peacefully on the water and discover the region from a fresh perspective...
Quesnoy Plaisance Association
Quesnoy Plaisance is a boating club and qualified instruction centre. Whether you love to sail on rivers or seas, all members are welcome. The club can help you prepare for the various river or sea boating licences. Boating excursions also organised.
Practical information :
- Where: Allée des Etreindelles in Quesnoy-sur-Deûle
- Contact: +33 (0)3 20 39 82 91 - +(0)6 13 34 57 29
- Website: www.persoquesnoyplaisance.fr
Wambrechies Nautique Association
Every Sunday from June to the end of September (subject to weather conditions), the Wambrechies Sailing Club offers boat trips (for 4-5 people) along the Deûle. Meet on Sundays between 2.30pm and 6pm at Wambrechies Marina for a 40-min. journey. The club also provides: licence registrations (for river and maritime crafts), boat hire with skippers, classes on using locks, guided barge trips, weddings and other special events.
- Where: 9 Quai de l'Ecluse in Wambrechies
- Contact: +33 (0)6 17 55 28 18 - +33 (0)6 71 48 39 74
- Website: www.association-nautique-de-wambrechies.com
Laléa is a barge moored at 150 Quai du Château in Wambrechies. Trips on the Deûle between Marquette-lez-Lille and Quesnoy-sur-Deûle lasting about an hour are organised every Sunday from April to October (subject to weather conditions). Enjoy a glass of something or food platter to share with friends or family!
- Where: 150 Quai du Château in Wambrechies
- Contact: +33 (0)6 48 05 47 24
- Website: www.peniche-lalea.fr
The Canal de la Deûle à l'Escaut Nature Centre offers visitors the chance to understand and explore the natural surroundings and take part in activities, solo or with friends or family, on an open waterway stretching from the Canal de la Deûle in Hauts-de-France all the way to the Escaut River in Belgium. Embark on the La Décidée and follow your guide! Learn all there is to know on the local wild and plant life in their natural habitat on the Canal de la Deûle à l'Escaut.
- Where: 202 Rue de Roubaix
- Contact: +33 (0)3 20 63 11 23
- Website: www.enm.lillemetropole.fr